Friday, December 2, 2016



It's been a long time.

Soon after my last post, Mom was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and acute respiratory failure. She was dangerously ill, and I thought for quite a few days that she wasn't going to make it, and then there was so much going on that I didn't have the energy to think about blogging. Then we were home, and I had to learn to care for her with a PEG tube and even less mobility and communication than she had before. I got to know some wonderful home-health care and then Hospice personnel. Without their help, I don't know how I could have kept my sense of humor, let my sanity, but life seemed too overwhelming to blog.

After that, writing the post that I'm writing now grew more and more easy to put off as the amount of things I had to catch a reader up on grew and grew with every passing day, then week, then month.

Frankly, if I write a "catch-up post" with just the highlights of the last five months, it will be pretty long and cumbersome to read, let alone write. So, I'm just going to start as though I'd never stopped or as  though this is a brand-new blog just starting fresh in the middle of life.

Mommy is watching space documentaries on Youtube today. She is just fixated on descriptions of stars and whether or not Pluto is a real planet or merely a dwarf one.

1 comment:

  1. Missing mom and reading you blog! Thanks for all you do!! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete