Friday, February 20, 2015

Moving Art

Mom and I both love watching "Moving Art" by Louie Shcwartzberg.  We watch "Forests" the most (on Netflix), but we watch "Flowers" too, and you can see that one on youtube. Click here.

Today, after she got situated in her recliner, and I put on "Forests" for her.  She said, "I just love those two . . . " (then since she couldn't find the word, she pointed at the TV where a pair of deer had just walked across a beach and toward a forest on the screen).  "They go over there every week," she told me.  I'm so pleased that the memory of those deer is written somewhere inside her.  It's a 25 minute video and we've probably watched it several hundred times over the course of the last few weeks, . .  so . . . it took a long time, but it did make a memory.

Plus, unlike "Pollyanna" which I can no longer abide to sit through, "Moving Art" hasn't gotten old for me either.  I could sit and watch the forest scenes for a few more thousand years, I think.

In other news, a few days ago we got a box in the mail containing the start of Mommy's Easter basket!



How do you all think she'll like that?

I'm so excited!  I may not have gotten them in time for Christmas, but she'll get them at Easter!

I'm learning the value of planning for things.  (I talk about this all the time off-blog, might as well let the subject roll over into here.)  I've discovered - this is thanks in a large part to my Amanda - the value of planning for things. I'm learning that much of the fun is in the plotting.  After all, God, Himself, planned for the first Christmas and the first Easter for several thousand years.  We humans are not as resolute or steadfast, but still, it seems to me that I can plan a few months out, if I set my mind to it, and make our holidays better for the thought that goes into them.

So, at any rate, even if I don't do another thing, Mommy will have Little Debbie's Oatmeal Cookies for Easter.  And, in the freezing cold of this week, that's something to be glad about.  (So there, Pollyanna.)




3 comments:

  1. Did you have to order the oatmeal cream pies? I know grandma loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ordered them from Amazon, of course! Maybe your dad packed them. ;) doubtful cause he has been doing totes and pick more than pack I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I just ordered a book from Amazon too - I'm keeping your dad toting . . .

    ReplyDelete