Monday, January 26, 2015

couple blurry cell phone pics :-)

Well, I snapped a couple of pics in the last couple days - but, sadly, they were with my cell phone and the quality isn't so good with mine as with Mom's.  (I'm just used to mine and still learning how to use Mom's . . . )

I love this one because I actually got her SMILING!  She smiles quite a bit, but I'm not very fast at snapping the pics when the smiles are on her face.

In this one she's looking at a book about mothers.  She's in a little bit of an odd mood today. She was asking about her mother, wondering if she is alive.  It's hard to know what to say when she asks questions like that.  I usually say that we'll try and figure it out or something like that.  She sometimes gets really sad when I retell her once again that Grandma O'Connor is dead.

She's also been in an odd mood today because she is talking to the pictures in the book.  She is getting angry at them (a little) and asking them if they are going to say anything.  It's just hard to know how to respond to things like that.  I just let her be and didn't try to point out that the pictures aren't actually going to be able to talk back.  After all, they do seem to talk back to you on the TV, the computer, and the cell phone.  You can understand why she'd be confused.

It's hard to tell what's real.  (For all you Doctor Who fans out there, here's a quote that puts that into perspective):

This is from "Last Christmas"
The Doctor:  You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart?
Ashley:  What?
The Doctor:  They're both ridiculous.

6 comments:

  1. Love the smile! I showed the pic to cody and asked him who I was reading about and he said "grandma!". He listened intently while I read it aloud. I asked him if he missed grandma and he nodded his head up and down. :) I am glad he remembers her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that if Santa was hanging around you knew that it was fantasy.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She smiles almost every time we use facetime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chelle - lol - for me it's if The Doctor is there you know it's a fantasy ;-)

    @Pete - and she smiles for a long time after facetime too. It's got a residual effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanie - I posted a reply to yours earlier, but apparently I hit the button that was not the "publish" button (as I often do . . . )

    I'm also so glad that Cody remembers her! Isn't technology wonderful that it lets us keep up with those we love so easily? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep it is wonderful and I am thankful for our big brother who helps us out in that area! :)

    ReplyDelete