Tuesday, January 20, 2015

quiet days

Not much to tell these last few days.  We've been working on getting our schedule more fixed and more workable for both of us.

I've started helping Mom onto the commode every morning again.  So, she goes from bed to commode to recliner to wheelchair (with dinner and a movie out in the other part of the house) to low upholstered chair to bed.  That's her daily journey.

We've been really good about having dinner together as a family.  Mom loves to eat in the kitchen and visit with everyone.  She loves watching movies with us as well.

I'm trying to have her get about three hours at each location (except for commode which is 30 minutes max) and bed which would be 24 hours daily if she could have her druthers.

We're also working on getting all her exercises in.  She doesn't like to exercise at all - even though it's really hardly any movement, she resists.  I tried to call them "stretching your legs and arms a little" and not using the term "exercise"  . . . I'm not sure if that made much difference.

Last night, we had fish (Swai) and I told mom that I was giving her cottage cheese instead of fish for her dinner since she didn't like fish, and she protested and told me that she did too like fish.  So I gave her some, and she ate every bit of it.

She says so many funny things.  She is always making us all smile.

Yesterday, Amanda helped her to get into her wheelchair, and after Mom had scooted herself back in the chair, Amanda asked, "Are you comfortable, Grandma?"  And Mom answered, "Better than that."
I'd like to make all her days and all the places she is "better" than comfortable.  What a wonderful way to be!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great compliment to Amanda! I love the way Grandma words things!

    ReplyDelete