Wednesday, January 21, 2015

possible mistake

I just went in a few seconds ago to say that it was time to get out that bed.  She's been awake since a little after ten, and it's almost one (I've got this three hour timer going in my head to keep things moving along.)

She's already had her applesauce and her oatmeal and a slice of homemade gingerbread in bed this morning.

When I went in the door, Mommy was reading the book she's been reading since last night.  (It's about Victorian family traditions.  It has lots of beautiful pictures.)  She asked me, "What year is this?"  And, I said, "It's 2015.  Today is January 21, 2015."  Then she said, "So that's why I'm like this," and she descended into one of the worst moods she's been in since she came here.

She was furious at me while I changed out her bedding, and she's still fuming in there.

I'm about to go with Jeanie's "put a comedy on the TV" idea that she gave me when something similar to this happened when Mom first came here.

The page she was looking at in the book was marked "January" -  I wonder if that's how her memory got jogged in that direction?

2 comments:

  1. I hope things are going better now. Poor Grandma! I'll be praying for you Aunt Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying too! Hopefully Pollyanna will cheer her up! I love the glad game! And all those prisms in her room too!!

    ReplyDelete