Thursday, January 15, 2015

Feeling Nostalgic


Today, I'm thinking about Grandma Bailey (Sarah Mildred, because it's her birthday), and thinking about her made me nostalgic, so I started looking through the genealogy pictures that we've all shared back and forth, and I saw this one of Mommy.  As far as I know it might be the oldest pic of her we have.  The file is dated 1936 so she is probably about two years old here.

Also, it isn't a good day for mom so that makes me nostalgic for times past.  (Sad face).  She is really sore, and she doesn't want to get out of bed.  I'm nervous to give her too much tylenol, so I'm waiting until her normal 6 PM dose.

We did do her exercises in bed, and then when I tried to get her to put legs out she asked if she could just rest.  I think that since there is a cold going around, and some of us are sneezing and coughing, maybe Mom's fighting it off?  She keeps dozing and then waking for a few minutes and watching movies.  She's watched Mulan twice, and now she's watching The Gospel of John  for, I think the third time today.  She's been eating and drinking.  So, I think that she's not really sick, but maybe just fighting off something.

In the past, sometimes if I let her sleep a day when she is really tired, the next day she's in good shape.  I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a more active day.  And, we did do her exercises - that's something.

(Edit:  I've added a pic for you to see one of the things I've done today to chirk her up.  I hung up some of her Christmas prisms in the window - like PollyAnna did for Mrs. Snow)


6 comments:

  1. She's drinking her water with Pur Iron in it in the picture. Hopefully, that will perk her up a little too. I was rationing it a little since we haven't made it to CVS to pick up any. Maybe that's the reason she's in the doldrums?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Water with JUICE and pur iron. The iron supplement isn't red :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! And I am assuming you are cheering her up and not chirking her up too! ;) love that pic of mom on the wagon! Yeah, if she is low on iron she tends to get more tired and sleepy, but also does that when she is depressed too and when she does not feel well. Sometimes it can be so frustrating when she can't tell you what is going on. Made me think of the past too and miss mommy even though she was right there. I hate this illness at those times. It is slowly stealing her from us. but when she smiles it makes everything better! We can facetime with the children if you think she needs some cheering too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pollyanna! Did grandma like the prisms?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) I just read your comment a while ago, and since Grandma could use some cheering up today, I bought Pollyanna on Amazon watch-it-now, and now she is watching it now. I think it's helping her get happier :-) (That and a big dish of Greek yogurt . . . )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Greek yogurt would make most people happy! I love Greek yogurt!

      Delete