Friday, January 16, 2015

Great day :-)

Lot's of times I say my prayers in Mom's room in the early morning before she wakes up.  It's warm, and quiet, and peaceful in there, and if there is music on, I don't think that my whispered prayers could disturb her sleep.  This morning, I was praying and dozing, and then waking up and praying some more, when Mom said, "I'm awake, and I'm feeling pretty good."  That was about 7:30 AM or so, unusually early for her.  So, I got up, brought her some applesauce with tylenol and vitamin crushed in it, and some other non-yucky applesauce to wash it down, and our day started.  She has been chipper all day!

Since she was getting her hair cut, it was necessary that we have a shower.  I've been putting off showers and just giving her sponge baths since she started to really fight me about the shower, but this morning she loved the shower again.  She held the hand-held sprayer and moved it around on herself.  It was nice experience.

After that, we dried her hair and waited for Nikki, my friend, who was coming to cut her hair.

Mom LOVES Nikki.  She asked me a couple minutes ago if I was here when "that lady" was here, and I said, "Yes, I was here," and Mom said, "She was really nice, wasn't she?"  And, I agreed that yes, she is very nice.  This is a huge compliment to Nikki that she made enough of an impression to remain in Mom's thoughts for several hours.


Mom's hair looks so good now!


The back is just darling.  It just waves about perfectly!


Isn't it amazing what a haircut can do to make a person look put together?


I just said to her, "Your hair looks great," and she said, "I know it does."

Success!

(edit addendum - plus Nikki trimmed my hair too, and even though she cut some off, it looks way longer to me in the mirror.  I keep going and looking at it again and again because it's so pretty. All this weight loss, and now a nice hair trim is turning me vain.)

2 comments: