Friday, March 13, 2015

Light and Shadow

Marilyn O'Connor, Cold Creek Cabin

I always loved this picture of mom, but it wasn't her favorite.  However, I think it fits with the video I took yesterday of the sun streaming into our shadowy kitchen.

The sun is shining on her here, more than sixty years ago, and it still shines on her today.

To see the video of mom enjoying the almost-spring sunshine in the kitchen yesterday, click here.

(Note:  Her hair looks a little funny in the video.  I'm giving her a dry scalp treatment.)

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen that picture of Grandma before. But I love it too! I think it's the only one I've seen before with of grandmas teeth showing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember looking at these pics of mom when I was little and thinking how beautiful she was/is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I remember saying how hot she was back then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way I think she still looks pretty good for your age.

    ReplyDelete