Thursday, March 26, 2015

Old Photographs for Mommy, too.


So, since I've made Mom's room be less visually overwhelming, that is, I de-cluttered the room, including walls, as my mother-in-law suggested, I've noticed that Mom is much calmer.  This was a good suggestion.  My Mom-in-law was right.

But, there was a problem.  That is all the wonderful pictures of family and friends that I used to have hanging everywhere, including some pictures of family that Marjie had framed for Mom years ago that I'd been planning to hang up . . . eventually . . . like lots of things on my to-do list, it was on the list and didn't get done until the time was passed for doing it.  If I hung them up now I think that it might give her a little bit of sensory overload.

This morning, Stephan took some of the pictures out of the frames for me, and he noticed that they were printed on really, nice, heavy card stock, so he put them in an envelope, and I gave them to Mom to look at.  She LOVES them.  I think that she likes them even better than traditional photographs, probably because they are easier to handle.  So, thanks to Marjie (who printed them all), me (who procrastinated), and Stephan (who got them out of the frames), Mommy has been enjoying these photographs today.

I had to take the pictures away to change out the bed, but I'll give them back as soon as she finishes her Boost.  (But I just HAD TO add this pic of her smiling.  She's so pretty!)

2 comments:

  1. Yes she is pretty and always will be! :) give her a hug and kiss from me!!

    ReplyDelete