Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Brain Games


I'm trying to think of ways to play the sort of games I play on BrainHQ with Mommy.  So, here is one of my attempts.  I think, "I'll just have her pick out the letter that's different."

Very clever, yes?

Not.

So, I give her the rack, and I say, "I think one of those is different."   And, I wait.  She says, "Yep, might be."  And, then she looks for a long, long time.  We are talking minutes.  All the time I'm thinking, "This is big flop."  She can't even tell the D from the A."  Then, she says to me, "I don't think we're going to need all these A's."

So.  Success, just not the exact success I was thinking of.


  After that I changed tactic.  See pic above.  I'm feeling pretty clever about this one, but after a little while, I start to worry that maybe it's too difficult.  I get bored, and I go to the kitchen to get her some kefir, and when I come back (a few seconds later).


I said, "What does that spell, anyway," and she said, "Mother."  So, I think this might be a good game, I might try to put the tile in a different location later.  She was able to spell out mother, and mom, and dad, but she didn't recognize "Laurie".  Oh well.  I think if anybody is to blame for me having a name that is difficult for a brain in the throes of Alzheimer's to recognize, it is her or Daddy.

Hints for other brain puzzles accepted with great happiness below in comments or sent to my email or call me.  Also, did one of you send me a link to my email of brain games or exercises to do with Mom?  I can't find it.  I might have accidentally deleted it in a purge.  Please, if you did and you remember, send it again.  (Sorry, whoever, probably Jeanie)

PS - I think her hands are looking even better than above (yesterday) this afternoon.  I'm so excited about the Bentonite clay, the Magnesium, and the hot water bottle.  BTW - after I washed the clay off this morning, she wanted the hot water bottle back.  I guess it must feel really good.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. It might have been me that sent the memory games, but I can't remember. :) if I find a link or some ideas I'll LYK. I know that I tried lots of things with mommy and sometimes they worked and sometimes not. Sometimes what worked really good one day did not the next!! You are doing wonderful! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the game you played with grandma! If I have any ideas I'll let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete