Thursday, April 2, 2015

NY state of mind


Jacob didn't get to see Mom (his great-grandmother) on this trip, but he did get to see NYC and play at Carnegie Hall, and even though we couldn't take mom (wish we could have), Marjie and Pete and I represented her there.

There is something really special about family.

Pete also took me up to see the house where we grew up, and as I was looking out the windows at the same views (the mountains haven't changed much), and being flooded with memories, I realized the we had the most amazing childhood.  I'm too old now to scamper barefoot over the stone wall, but I'm not too old, yet, to remember, and the memories are really good.


6 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!!!! Looking at them reminds how much I miss and love you all!!!!! ...and that I'm related to some of the most wonderful people I know!!!!! You all are soooo good looking!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that handsome guy?!? Such a good looking young man! I miss home too. :( I remember our childhood being wonderful too-we were so blessed! Laying on the lawn looking at the clouds and trees, swimming in the pool, catching fireflies, playing with my sisters, waving at every plane that flew over and yelling"Hi, Pete!", sitting on the roof watching for a certain red Chevy pickup truck coming down the hill on rte 6. ;) All good memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we were walking around back, I could almost hear the sound of Daddy diving into the pool! And, remember all the smores and songs and hot dogs around a fire outside? Running down to the big rock to wave goodbye to people who were driving around the driveway. So many good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I miss the big rock. Could you pass me a marshmallow (kosher of course lol), I'll have s snore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not bothering to spellcheck but that should say a s'more!! LOL

      Delete
  5. Next time we get together, let's make s'mores (we can call them snores if we want - a s'more by any other name would taste as sweet . . . )

    We should make a campfire for Mommy, too. I wonder if she'd like it. She certainly made some wonderful ones for us.

    We'll have to do a lion hunt!

    ReplyDelete