Saturday, December 6, 2014

Letter writing


Since Mommy likes getting letters so much, I thought she might like to send one.  The above pic is us working on that.

Yesterday, I finally made the applesauce recipe that Aunt Bonnie shared with me, and Mom LOVED it.  (So do I, in fact.  It is perfection.)  The four apples made enough for three morning breakfasts for mom (at about 130 grams each serving) as well as some for me to sneak on the side.  She had good, homemade applesauce yesterday instead of Gerber food (which is good too, but . . . )  She had the good stuff again today, and there is 135 grams in the fridge for tomorrow.

I was going to call Aunt Bonnie to tell her that it turned out wonderful and that Mommy loves it, but then I thought that it might be a good occasion to write a letter with Mommy.  She dictated the part where she says:  "I thought it was delicious," and she really meant it when she said it.  I'm seeing if she'll be able to sign her name to the card.  She probably won't.  I've given her a couple pens to try so far, but about them she said: "I just know that he won't be able to use them."  She's reverted to quite often referring to almost everyone with the pronoun "he" - even herself.

So, I switched to crayons as I think that the memories for using crayons are deeper in a person's life experience, but she doesn't seem very interested.  (Maybe I might make a copy of the above photo and enclose it so that Aunt Bonnie will see how much Mommy loved the picture on the card.)

Here is the picture on the card.


The doodlings are all mine.  I was trying to prime the pump, but I think the well might be dry this morning.

Yesterday the doctor said I could give Mom up to 3000 mg of Tylenol per day, so I ground up 1,000 mg with her vitamins in a few spoons of that applesauce this morning.  I'm hoping that in a few minutes she'll be able to be moved out of bed without having so much pain.  (She didn't wake up until 9:30 -I was up reading aloud to her until after 1:00 AM last night, and she was still wide awake when I turned out the light - so getting out of bed by 11:30 seems an appropriate goal. I'll let you know if we meet it.)


2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that I love the new background! I just noticed that the Duggar's blog has the same one!!!!! That's is so coincidental!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is nice that you helped mom with a letter to Aunt Bonnie! I think that Aunt Bonnie will like it too.:)

    ReplyDelete