Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Merry Christmas! (Very Late)

Most of you already know that we had a terrible illness here at this house all through the week of Christmas, and most of you also know that it's taking me a long time to recover. I'm still sleeping a lot and feel pretty weak - even today I'm napping a lot.

PRAISE be to GOD and thanks to some good advice right at the start of this horror from Pete, (get masks and gloves - which we did within an hour of the phone call where he told us to do it), Mom was spared the bug.  The rest of us all got it.  First Amanda came home from work on Friday with it. (It was going around at her work.)  She was so violently ill that we spent late Friday night into Saturday morning at the emergency room.  Then Sunday night David and I started to show symptoms.  I even had hallucinations from the dehydration.  It was the first time in my life that I'd ever hallucinated.  Stephan didn't show symptoms until Monday, and he only was sick for two days - the least hit of all of us.  I think I might have been the hardest hit, and I am still not back to my old self yet.  David and I were both still pretty sick even until Christmas Day (we couldn't safely go to Church on Christmas Eve so Stephan and Amanda went to Saint Paul's together - I'm really sad about missing that - it is my favorite service of the whole year).

I did take a video on Christmas morning. You can click here to see the link to the video (fixed link).

(edit to add) Near the end of the video, Mommy identifies the people in the ornament as "Mom and Dad" which is AMAZING.  It's very unusual for her to call to mind identifying words like that when she is trying to think of what something is.

1 comment:

  1. I so much enjoy watching mom on video. I miss her very very much! Thanks for posting these! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete