Monday, December 15, 2014

Package from Aunt Bonnie

I did another video today for you all.  Videos work better because then you can see her expressions.  Anything except for the almost constant stoic expression is really hard for me to catch with camera.

And, this has been a really hectic day.  I knew this morning that we were going to be getting a visit from the nurse, but then around 10:00 this morning, a social worker called and asked if she could drop by.  "Yes, of course," I said, and so she came and she was just about one of the nicest people I've ever met.  She gave me a lot of tips about how to access ways to help care for mom.  Like wheelchair compatible transportation and so on.  She also said that the reason that PA is so wonderful when it comes to helping care for the elderly is our Lottery.  She said that PA is the only state in the Union where all the profits from the lottery help the elderly.  Of course, I remembered Daddy buying all those lottery tickets for all those years.  So, in a round about way, he helped provide all these wonderful services for Mommy.

Anyway, while the social worker was here, an occupational therapist called and asked if he could also stop by today, and, of course, I was really excited to have more help.

That meant that Mommy (and I) got a short nap between the nurse's visit (after the social worker left) and the visit from the occupational therapist.

But, all those visits took their toll on me as I am worn out and have no energy for a long blog post telling all that the three visitors helped with and gave hints about.

So, to end this post, here is a video of her unwrapping a package from Aunt Bonnie.

Click here to see it :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the videos! Too tired to post anything else...me too! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete