Friday, December 12, 2014

update

She is in such a good mood tonight.  Thanks to the physical therapy, she is already so much more mobile, and I think that it is giving her confidence a real boost.

She just watched an adorable rom-com with David and me, and is resting in bed for a few hours now.

Her iphone came (Thanks, Pete!) and she got to see using a facetoface talk app, Jeanie (and kids) and Pete.  She LOVED it!

Chelle had an amazing idea about how to get the shower happening - which I will put in practice tomorrow evening when both men are available to help me if I need help.  (I was going to do it tonight, but Mommy is so tired from all the exertion and so am I.  It's been a long day.)

All in all - life is very good right now, and I think that it is all the prayers (and positive thoughts) that people put in for us.  Thank you all.

2 comments:

  1. So glad things went well! I was gonna ask about how she was after we all talked on the phone with her but now I don't have too! ;) Hope the shower idea works! I know you have been keeping mom very clean, but something about a nice warm shower (esp in the winter) makes you feel really good! The way my back feels right now I am really wanting a hot shower! I think because a few of the children climbed into my bed and made it hard to move around must have been sleeping in a bad position! But waking up in the morning to a bunch of smiling faces who are poking you trying to get you up does wonders for your heart! Alicia was especially happy cause she rolled over and there was her daddy who usually is not there cause he leaves for work waaaay before daylight. She got a huge smile on her face and rubbed his back (just like he rubs hers when he hugs her-she pats my back cause I pat hers- she is a little imitator right now!). Well it is already much later than we normally get around and Cody says we need a recipe so we can make breakfast. LOL Three year olds learn quick (esp when their tummies are growling).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I'm really hoping to get her into the shower tonight. She is so sleepy today, and so am I. I could hardly wake her up to eat her breakfast - and she's had several naps (she even fell asleep while in the wheelchair). She worked hard the last few days. (I also am having trouble staying awake. I fell asleep while talking on the phone with Sam a few hours ago.

    Love the description of your wake up this morning :-) Those are moments to treasure and ponder over forever in your heart :-)

    ReplyDelete