Wednesday, November 19, 2014

chilly morning

At a little after 8:00, I checked on Mommy, and she was awake, but sleepy. I got her a hot water bottle for her feet and turned the space heater up in her room.  It's hard to keep the temperature good for sleeping.  If I make the room too warm, she gets sweaty in all her blankets, and that makes her cold.  If I make the room too cool, she's cold in spite of the blankets.  She doesn't have the dexterity anymore to kick off too many blankets or pull more blankets on if she's too warm or too cold.  She was warm enough, but her feet - that she'd stretched to slip off the edge of the bed - were cool, so I brought her a hot water bottle and put her feet back up on the bed, under the blankets, snuggled up with the hot water bottle.

At 9:00 she had her crushed vitamin mixed with a few spoons of applesauce, and then she had about a 1/4 cup of non-vitamin applesauce.  It is MUCH more yummy without the vitamin mashed into it.  By now her feet were warmed up.  Usually, (if you can call a few days of schedule "usually") we'd get on the commode now and be all washed and dressed and in the recliner for streaming WPEL's Request Time, but this morning is cold, and Mommy is really sleepy, so we've decided to listen to Request Time while lying a'bed.  Then, after that, we'll get up and get moving into the recliner.

9:30, she's sleeping again.  I've got the soundtrack to "Gettysburg" on repeat in there right now.  She listened to it all night.  I think she likes to have music going in the background.  :-)  (Or maybe I just like it and so I imagine she does?)

She is too sleepy to stay awake this morning.  She's waking and dozing while Request Time plays.  I worry about her, that she sleeps so much, but I think it's normal, and I can't keep waking her up.  It's better to let her rest.

You can see her in this pic - trying to wake up to eat her oatmeal and answer the question I just asked her "Don't you want to eat that yummy oatmeal?"

 

Then, a few minutes later . . .

I'm really glad that I decided to let her lay in bed.  It's much more comfortable to sleep in the bed with the air mattress that keeps changing pressure while actually lying down than slumped over in the recliner.

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures hanging up next to grandmas bed! Does she like to sleep with her doll next to her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold here too but not that cold! I am busy listing on Amazon this morning. It seems the work is never done and the bills go up whenever we think we will catch up. Such is life! Surprisingly Al has not had overtime as he thought he would so that is in a way a bummer but on the flip side he is working so hard and losing so much weight from this job ( and he really does not have extra weight to lose), so he can't afford (physically) to be working overtime. I know, don't sweat the small stuff. :) and everything is small! I'd like to be sleeping like mom is there...looks warm and comfy! You are doing a super job!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelle - Yes, she sleeps with the doll :-) She likes it very much.

    Jeanie - I keep saying that too - over and over - since Pete told me it "Don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small."

    ReplyDelete