Tuesday, November 25, 2014

In the Good Old Summertime and other sleepy stuff

Last night, Amanda watched In the Good Old Summertime with Mommy while I made chocolate peanut butter cookies.  (Mommy was way under calorie count yesterday as she wouldn't eat much of what I brought her - even the Gerber meat mash stuff didn't appeal to her.)

But, a cookie (289 calories) later, and she was pretty close to her recommended amount.

She loved the movie.  She just smiled through it. And seemed almost as interested in it as she is in Star Trek (plus, I could understand her liking this kind of show ;-)  )

Then, Stephan and I watched an episode of Keeping Up Appearances with her.  She just loved it!  She laughed out loud during some of it.

I think that getting her to laugh is a lofty and worthy goal, and I'm always happy when it is achieved.

Today, she was awake when I checked in on her before I left for church at 7:55. Church is only a five minute fast walk away, and I got home before 8:45.  As soon as I got home, I gave her the vitamin and fruit mix, followed by straight fruit as well as the Tylenol for her arthritis pain.  I gave the Tylenol about forty-five minutes to work, and then I changed out her linens and got her clean and comfortable.

I am thankful to Stephan (today) and David (many other Tuesdays and Thursdays) for staying with Mommy so I can go to church when the service is held here in town.

Later, she had her oatmeal while I read to her from Proverbs and then from Matthew.  Then, it was time for Request Time.

During Request Time she dozed in and out between bites of oatmeal and listening.

She's dozing now.

Yesterday, she refused to get out of bed almost all day, and I was getting worried that I'd have to figure out a way to convince or else get firm about it (which is depressing for both of us).  The doctor said it is important to keep her getting up and getting around as well as she can for as long as possible, and I'm determined to make sure that happens. Thankfully, around 6:30 or so she was ready to get up when I suggested it (for the seventieth or so time that day).  That's when she and Amanda watched the movie.

Even after sleeping and/or dozing almost all day, she was still ready for bed around 9:00.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad she liked the movie. I used to watch " Keeping Up Appearances" with Mary Anne. It was one of her favorite shows. That and worship TV. :) She would shush me when the scriptures came up so she could read them. It was my birthday and we ate pizza together after I got off work and picked up pizza at Dominos. It was one of the last times I saw her. A good memory. :)

    ReplyDelete