Monday, November 24, 2014

Phone Success!


Thank you, Brian, for the handset recommend!  As you can see, it works really well.  Mommy got a phone call today, and she was able to talk without any trouble.

This is her second call using this device.  The first time, she used Amanda's cell phone, and I was upstairs, and the call ended before I got a chance to document it with a photo.

This time, she is using David's phone (you can see it on the pillow).  And, I stayed in the room long enough to get a picture.

My cell phone won't work with it.  It's not a smart phone, and I either have to upgrade or get an adapter that works, but Stephan's, David's, and Amanda's phone can all support the handset so we should be pretty well set until I figure out what to do about my "dumb" phone.

The startled expression on Mommy's face is because my camera flashes a few times while it figures out the light situation before it actually takes the picture and does the actual camera flash. About half the pics I've got of Mom have this "what is that flashing light?" expression.  Usually I keep taking pics until I get a good one, but I didn't want to interrupt the phone call with multiple events of flashing lights, so I just took the one.

Again, thanks, Brian!

8 comments:

  1. Glad Brian gave you the idea. What a smart fellow! :) I am proud of you, Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think it would work with an iPhone 4. If it would I'll add a line to my account for Mommy and send you the phone. Then she would have her own line and wouldn't need to use somebody elses phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda's phone is iPhone 4. And, Mom used it when Jeanie called the first time we tried out the old-fashioned handset.

    I think that it would be great if Mommy had her own line - not that anybody minds sharing with her at all. If she had an iPhone, I could also connect it to the Internet in her room (she's in the room with the router and the Internet is really good in there), and then stream WPEL on her phone as well. Right now, I'm using my computer for WPEL. Amanda doesn't have a data plan on her phone, but she uses the Internet here at the house (or in places with free Internet). Amanda also uses her iPhone for music, and the CD player that I'm using for Mom now has a buzz to it that drives me crazy unless the volume is up. (Mom doesn't seem to mind me playing the music the music loud enough to drown out the buzz. At least I
    hope she doesn't. She hasn't complained.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good time to call? I'm not sure. Right now there isn't anybody here with a phone free that works :-) (Jest me with my dumb phone). But, if Uncle Pete gets Grandma her own iPhone, then anytime she's awake would be great.

    She's already awake this morning, actually early for her since she's been here, and she has had her vitamin crushed in her fruit and her Tylenol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well when you sent this Chelle was working cleaning a friends house down the road, so I am thinking she may not have seen it yet. Now we are in town getting stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. I will let her know you posted a reply once she gets back out from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete