Tuesday, November 18, 2014

sleepy day

Mom is sleepy today.  Like yesterday, she was in her recliner again just in time for Request Time streaming from WPEL.  And, like yesterday, she ate some of her oatmeal herself before the show was over.  When I'd go in and out, I'd feed her a spoonful.  Then, unlike yesterday when she was alert, today she started dozing after a while, and she's been sleeping most of the day.

When this happened before, a few days ago, I got really nervous and moved her doctor appointment forward from December 9th to November 20th, but this time I'm not so worried.  I think sometimes she just needs a day of rest.  Maybe it's her own Sabbath that can happen on any day, not just Saturday or Sunday?

I sat in there for a while with her saying my prayers and reading my devotional while she slept, but now I'm just checking on her every once in a while while I try to catch up on housework.

She is sleeping very peacefully and soundly - just like last time. She isn't waking up as I go in and out, only stirring a little if I make noise. But, there is a difference.  I'm not freaking out about it this time.  I put the Gettysburg soundtrack on for her in the CD player, and I'm letting her rest.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are able to catch up. :) Glad you are relaxing more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to make a request for mom the url is: http://www.wpel.org/index.php/contact-wpel

    ReplyDelete