Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Giving a little less lift warning . . . working so far

Well, today I've been practicing giving a little less warning when it's time to move her with the transfer belt.

Before, I'd give an explanation and give her time to get herself ready before I'd use the transfer belt to move her.  Today, I'm doing it a little differently.  I tell her everything I'm doing as I put the belt on and as I get everything secure, but when I'm ready to lift her, I don't give much of a warning at all.  I just say, "OK, we're going to move in one, two, three."  Then, I move her.  She doesn't have time to get nervous or to grab things.  It's worked great so far today.

Tomorrow, who knows?

A few days ago I was complaining to Amanda that what works to keep Mom happy and what she likes one day isn't the same the next.  I can't repeat all the actions of a good day and make another good day happen.  I have to keep changing things up.

And, Amanda responded:  "She's just the same as every other woman."


3 comments:

  1. Amanda is definitely right! No wonder men get so frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason to get frustrated - just remember not to sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete