Friday, November 28, 2014

Had a Happy Thanksgiving


But!  None of the pictures turned out.  And, I was just doing things and stuff and only got a few of those bad pictures.  However, this proves that Mommy was here and we did have turkey.

She was up almost the whole day long, and we had a nice meal.  Albert came to see her and had Thanksgiving dinner with us.

edit (adding a picture)
I decided that this pic isn't so bad, and I've added it.

After dinner, we watched Miracle on 34th Street, and we visited for a little while.  By 6:00, Mommy was ready to head to bed, and she has slept most of today.  She didn't wake up until after noon, and then I gave her fruit, vitamin, and Tylenol.  While I fed her, I read to her from Little House. It was the chapter where the whole family got malaria, and she seemed to really be understanding and following.  I went out after that and made her oatmeal.  By the time I got back in there with it - less than a half hour later, she was sound asleep.

She's been asleep every time I check on her since then.  (I check on her every half hour.)

Does that mean that you will get a well-thought-out and beautifully written blog update?

No.

That means I ran around trying to catch up and did a quick trip to Aldi (while David listened for Mom), and made pickled eggs, and split pea soup, and a tiny batch of applesauce.  No blogging.  Just living.

Pete, that's a one gallon jar there.
Might even be worth a plane ticket to Pittsburgh.
(Although, the chances are good that Stephan will scarf them all.)

1 comment: