Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving card :-)


This morning Mommy got two things in the mail!  Both are from her sister, Bonnie, and so far she has opened the card.  (She's waiting on the envelope.)  It's a Thanksgiving Card, and she loves it.

She's been just looking at it for the longest time!  She read the signature part to me when I went over to take a look at it with her.  She loves mail so much, and she loves thinking of her family.  I'm so glad that those memories haven't been stolen from her yet.  I think, as I understand this wicked disease, that her memories of her sisters and brothers and her parents will last longer than her memories of me,  For some reason, that isn't making me sad as I ponder over it.  You can tell from the look on her face, that those memories are good.  The memories that she can hang onto for longer are pleasant, and that's such a comfort.  I'm thankful that my mother had a good childhood.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad she is enjoying her mail! I need to get some from the children out to her.

    ReplyDelete