Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Looks Like Another Dozing Day

Mom dozed most of the day yesterday, and I got some stuff done around the house.  Not a lot, mostly I caught up on devotionals and prayer.

I tried to wake her up with food or reading aloud a few times, because I think she might have her days and nights mixed up, and I was going to try to encourage her to get more on the schedule of the rest of the family, but she wouldn't stay awake.

Last night, again at around 6:00, I woke her with creamed potatoes for dinner (to have with her Xarelto).  At this point, she was wide awake and wanting to go out and join the family and do things. I got her into her wheelchair and took her into the living room (whose floor was freshly washed and waxed :-)  So, it was all shiny and pretty in there).  We watched The Robe, an old movie with Richard Burton and Jean Simmons.  Then we watched a few episodes of Keeping Up Appearances, which I can state with confidence that Mommy likes even better than she likes Star Trek spin offs.

I fed her all the things she hadn't woken up to eat during the day. So, she got all her calories in while she was watching TV.

I hated putting her to bed when she was so awake and chipper at around midnight, but I couldn't stay awake any longer.  I left her with her light on and an illustrated poetry book to read.  I woke up at a little after 1;30, and checked on her and she was asleep.  So, I turned off the light.

She was awake again at 8:00 this morning, and I fed her crushed vitamin (the last of her old ones - she starts the new ones tomorrow) and Gerber mashed fruit mix.  I also gave her Tylenol for her arthritis pain.

I left her looking at an American Girl catalog and came to the kitchen to make Stephan mock-quiche which I often make him in the morning.  (1 can drained spinach, 3 eggs, chopped meat, 1 ounce cheese - all this is fried up like an omelet).  Mommy eats this when I feed it to her, and it's got greens in it, so I took some to her room when it was done, and she was fast asleep.

She isn't waking up for Request Time this morning, so I'm going to have to let her sleep for a while.  It's hard - really almost impossible - to wake her up when she wants to sleep.  Even if I help her out of bed when she's sleepy like this, she just falls asleep wherever she is sitting.

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving to All!  (We're making pies and bread today!  Yummy!  Yummy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment